The Institute of Japan Studies is aimed at carrying out a comprehensive and systematic study on Japanese language, literature, society, history, culture, politics, economy, thoughts, education, etc., strengthening and promoting Japan Studies in Jiangsu University and making our contributions to Japan Studies in China. We are also making efforts to promote the mutual understanding of the Chinese and the Japanese people, the good relations and exchanges between the two states, and the prosperity and peace and development of China and Japan as well as other states in East Asia.
II. Research Orientations:
Japanese language and literature
Japanese history and culture
Japanese society and education
Japanese politics and diplomacy
Prof. Wang Baotian, MA Supervisor, whose research interests include Japanese linguistics, Contrastive Studies of Japanese and Chinese, Japanese Education
Associate Professor Lu Xueying, PhD., whose research interests include Japanese politics and diplomacy, post-World War II Sino-Japanese relations
1. Translation: Japanese Worship and Arts, Nanjing University Press, 2013
2. Translation: A History of Japanese Science Fiction, Nanjing University Press, 2012
3. Editor-in-chief: A Brief History of Japan, Shanghai People’s Press, 2010
4. Monograph:『古井喜実と中国－日中国交正常化への道』, Shibunkaku Press, 2011/10
5. Co-author: 倉富勇三郎日記研究会『倉富勇三郎日記』 (Vol. 1), Kokusho Press, 2010/11
6. Co-author: 倉富勇三郎日記研究会『倉富勇三郎日記』 (Vol. 2) , Kokusho Press, 2012/4 (『倉富勇三郎日記』 totals 9 volumes, to be published in succession)
7. Translation: Kenji Miyazawa--a Fairy Tale Writer in Pursuit of his Dreams, Nanjing University Press, 2010
8. Co-author: Japanese Quotes and Maxims for a Walkman Listening (Advanced Level), China University of Science and Technology Press, 2013
9. Translation: Nine Characters for Success
1. Japanese loanwords in Chinese neologisms in view of contact linguistics, Journal of Changsha University of Science and Technology (Social Sciences), 2014(5)
2. Wang Baotian & Zhao Kangying. Loanwords in both Japanese and Chinese in view of language contact, Chinese Character Culture, 2013 (2) (Serial No. 112)
3. マルチメディアによる日本語教育のあり方, Proceedings of the 4th International Symposium on Japanese Teaching--Japanese Teaching and Research from Diverse Perspectives, 2009
4. An analysis of contemporary Chinese neologisms. Journal of Jiangsu University (Social Sciences), 2009 (4), Vol. 11
5. 呉音読みと漢音読みである中国語の声母と日本語の漢字音読みの対応関係, Collected papers on Japanese Language and Culture Studies in honor of Professor Zhou Yanhui’s Achievements, 2008
6. Measures to promote the instruction quality of foreign teachers in colleges and universities, Heilongjiang Researches on Higher Education, 2008
7. “中国における日本語教育とマルチメディア”, collected unabridged in 国関係論説資料47号 (March, 2007), Ronsetsu shiryō hozonkai(日本論説資料保存会)
8. Chinese vowels and the pronunciation of a Chinese character in Japanese, Japanese Learning and Research, 2004(3) (Serial No. 118), etc.
9. 古井喜実と1968年の日中LT貿易交渉, Historical Review, Vol.91, No.5, 2008/9
10. 古井喜実と1970年の日中MT貿易交渉, Studies on the 20th Century, No.9, 2008/12
11. 古井喜実と日中国交正常化－LT?MT貿易の延長線から見る日中国交正常化」, Historical Review, Vol.93, No.2, 2010/3
12. “薄氷の覚書貿易交渉－古井喜実と1969年の日中MT貿易交渉”, in 石川禎浩(editor-in-chief). 中国社会主義文化の研究, Humanities and Social Sciences Institute at Kyoto University, 2010/5 (translated into Chinese by Yuan Guanquan and published by China Social Sciences Literature Press in March 2013, Beijing)
13. 井上正也著『日中国交正常化の政治史』, Historical Review, Vol.94, No.6, 2011/11
14. 日中国交正常化40周年を迎えるにあたって, 思文閣出版『鴨東通信』, No.84, 2011/12
15. 石橋湛山の中国政策とアメリカ(Vol. 1)－戦後における石橋の中国政策」, 自由思想No. 127, 2012/12
16. 石橋湛山の中国政策とアメリカ(下)－アメリカの厚い壁, 自由思想 No. 128, 2013/2
17. 日中LT貿易協定の成立をめぐる中国の対日戦略, Studies on the 20th Century, No.14, 2013/12
18. Differences in the pursuit of secular happiness between the Chinese and the Japanese people, Journal of Xinjiang University, 2012(5)
19. Comparing the different idea of happiness between the Chinese and the Japanese from the perspective of traditional culture, Shandong Social Sciences, 2010(12)
20. Multimodal discourse analysis approach to films and TV plays portraying the relationship between a woman and her mother-in-law in Japan--with particular reference to Yomeishidai and Triple Kitchen, Journal of Xuzhou Normal University, 2011 (5)
21. Seeker of happiness of this life--similarities between the Chinese and the Japanese people, Journal of Jiangnan University, 2011(1)
22. 中国両国庶民の幸福観に関する一考察, Japanese Language and Culture Research (Vol. 4), 2011/9
23. Revelations of Japan’s countermeasures against financial crisisto China’s macroscopic control of economy, China Economic and Trade Herald, 2010(19)
24. Naturalness of the human nature in the Japanese naturalist literature, Apsaras, 2010/10
25. Unfaithful soul and warped mind--masculine desire in Tayama Katayi’s Quilt, Times Literary, 2010/10
26. A study on computerized teaching facilities and cultivating the comprehensive quality of Japanese majors, Education and Occupation, 2010 (20)
27. Strife and tenderness between a daughter-in-law and a mother-in-law as reflected in the film Triple Kitchen, Film Literature, 2010 (23)
28. Super realism in Yomeishidai, Master, 2010/8
29. Solutions and revelations of Japan’s issue of farmers, Agricultural Economy, 2010(12)
30. Issue of educational equality in view of computerized instruction, Teaching and Management, 2010 (33)
31. Japanese borrowings in the Chinese language in view of language contact--a tour of words, Modern Chinese, 2013 (18)
32. Tetsuko Kuroyanagi’s persistence as represented in Totto-Chan: The Little Girl at the Window, Mountain Flower, 2013 (10)
33. 中間言語語用論に基づく誤用から見た中国の日本語教育, Journal of the International Exchange Center of Mie University, 2013(3)
34. Understanding the alien culture in the instruction of Japanese language in China--a case study of “阿姨”, in Xiu Gang & Li Yunbo. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Japanese Teaching in View of Intercultural Communication, Higher Education Press, 2011/8
35. Countermeasures against errors in Chinese-Japanese Translation from a semantic, pragmatic and cognitive perspective, Proceedings of the 5th International Seminar on College Japanese Sponsored by Japanese Education and Japan Studies (edited by Liu Xiaofang), East China University of Science and Technology Press, 2010/12
36. “うお”和“さかな”. Japanese Knowledge, 2009 (10)
37. On the amendment of Japan’s pacifist constitution. Theory and Modernization, 2008 (3)
38. Comparing the registering system of real estate in China and Japan, Law and Society, 2008 (2)
39. A tentative analysis of issues and solutions in the application of suspended prosecution in China’s legal system, Research on Politics and Law, 2007(11)
40. An initial analysis of the development of procedural punishment. Law and Society, 2007(7)
41. Japanese disaster culture as reflected in the film Japan Sinks. Film Literature, 2011(23).
42. A virtual representation of the doomsday with light and shadow--interpreting the story architecture of the film Japan Sinks, Film Literature, 2012(2)
43. A sense of crisis or disaster--a case study of the death culture in Japan Sinks directed by Sakyo Komatsu. Writer, 2012(5)
44. Interpreting the love story against the backdrop of disaster in Japan Sinks. Grain in Ear, 2012(2)
45. Desperation and tenaciousness in light and shadow--a hermeneutics of the female roles in the film Japan Sinks, Grain in Ear, 2012(4)
46. Wound and sadness in the Japanese disaster culture-- a case study of Japan Sinks. Mountain Flower, 2012(3)
47. Issues concerning a teacher’s artistic presentation of his or her lectures in view of the process of classroom instruction management. China Adult Education, 2012(9)
48. A study of the self-orientation of a college student in view of liberal education. Journal of Jiangxi Power Vocational Technology College, 2012(3)
49. Course instruction reform on Selected Readings in Japanese Newspapers and Periodicals in view of liberal education. Golden Field, 2012(9)
50. Evolution and development of the liberal education in Japanese colleges and universities. Folk Art and Literature, 2012
51. A survey on the policy of China’s teacher cultivation
52. Comparing the teacher cultivation curricula in China and Japan
53. Trend and revelation of Japan’s undergraduate program reform
54. 宇都宮徳馬の思想史的研究―戦前?戦中における動きを中心に, 社会システム研究 (No. 14), 2011/2
55. 宇都宮徳馬の思想史的研究―戦後から1949年の政界進出まで, 人間?環境学 (Vol. 20), 2011/12
56. 宇都宮徳馬の思想史的研究―1949年の政界進出から1954年の世界平和大集会まで, 社会システム研究 (No. 15), 2012/3
57. 宇都宮徳馬の思想史的研究―1955年の保守合同から1959年の石橋湛山訪中まで, 文明構造論 (No. 8), 2012/9
58. 宇都宮徳馬の思想史的研究, 自由思想 (No. 129), 2013/4
59. 宇都宮徳馬の思想史的研究―1959年の石橋湛山訪中後を中心に, 文明構造論 (No. 9), 2013/10
60. 中日名詞の動詞化に関する比較研究, Research of Japanese Education and Japan Studies, Collected Papers of the 5th International Symposium of College Japanese Education, East China University of Science and Technology Press, 2010/11
61. 日本語の「俗語動詞」の構造について――文法的?意味的特徴を中心に, Proceedings of the Symposium on Japanese Teaching in View of Intercultural Communication, 2011/6
62. 日本語教育に対するマルチモ―ダル教授法の一考察――任務教授法を中心に 《大学日本語教育研究国際研究会論文集》(2011), 2012(4)
63. A multimodal approach to college foreign language teaching methodology--with particular reference to the multimodal methodology that mainly involves a task-based teaching approach, Journal of Southwest University, 2010
64. A diachronic approach to the problem action of Maruso people in Japan, Japanese Knowledge
65. Origin and evolution of the Japanese conventional national awareness: a case study of Jindai Moji, Intelligence
66. Translated into Chinese from Japanese: 箱田恵子. ビルマ?チベット協定(一八八六年)の背景－清末中国外交の性格をめぐる一考察. Historical Review, Vol.88, No.2, 2005/3
1. June 2010, Masayoshi Ohiro Memorial Foundation: “24th Pacific Academic Studies Fund”, project head, completed.
2. March 2011, Fukutake Education and Culture Foundation: “平成22年度歴史学?地理学研究助成”, project head, completed.
3. 2014 Philosophy and Social Sciences Foundation of Jiangsu Colleges and Universities: “Sinophiles in Japan’s Conservative Party and Normalization of Sino-Japanese Relations” (2014SJB807), project head, in progress.
4. Jiangsu University Senior Talent Initial Funding, project head, in progress.
5. 2014 Joint Corpus of Osaka Prefecture University and Jiangsu University.
6. 2011 Foreign Language Talent Cultivation Mode Reform in Local Colleges and Universities under the 11th Five-year Planning of China’s Educational Science: “constructing a curriculum for the cultivation of foreign language students with diverse talents”.
7. 2012 Humanities and Social Sciences Fund of the Department of Education of Jiangsu Province: “Contact linguistics approach to borrowings in Early Modern and Modern Chinese”, completed.
8. 2012 Jiangsu University Science Fund: “A comparative study on the Chinese and the Japanese buzzwords and catchphrases”, project head, completed.
9. 2011 Jiangsu University Teaching Reform and Research Fund: “Research and practice of Japanese reading teaching methodology in view of cognitive schema theory” (2011JGYB128), project head, completed.
10. 2010 Zhenjiang Federation of Humanities and Social Sciences Fund: “Revelation of Japan’s countermeasures against financial crisis to the adjustment of Zhenjiang’s industrial framework in a post-financial crisis period” (No. (2010) 6-42), project head, completed.
11. 2009 Jiangsu University Teaching Reform and Research Fund: “Construction and practice of a computerized environment for Japanese teaching” (JGYB2009126), project head, completed.
12. Self-raised Fund for “11 Five-year Plan” Key Youth Project of Jiangsu Educational Science: “Evolution and development of liberal education in Japanese colleges and universities” (No. C-b/2011/01/26), completed.
13. 2009 General Project of Humanities and Social Sciences of the Ministry of Education: “Performance and trend of Quality Periodical Project of the Ministry of Education” (09YJAZH043), No. 2 on the rankings.
14. 2007 Guidance Project of Humanities and Social Sciences of Jiangsu Institutions of Higher Learning Sponsored by the Department of Education of Jiangsu Province: “Contact of Early Modern and Modern Chinese with foreign languages” (07SJD740005), No. 1 among the participants (completed in 2012).
15. 2011 Key Project of Jiangsu University Teaching Reform: “Exploration into and practice of innovative abilities and occupational quality of foreign language majors” (JGZD029).
16. 2011 “12th Five-year Plan” Project for China’s Educational Science Funded by the Applicant(s)’ Unit: “Reform on the cultivation mode of foreign language majors in local institutions of higher learning” (FIB110147), affiliated to Zhang Fengjie’s project at Jiamusi University (Jiao-Ke-Gui-Ban-Han No. 05): “Constructing a curriculum for the cultivation of foreign language majors with diverse talents”, No. 1 among the participants.
17. 2012 Philosophy and Social Sciences Foundation of Jiangsu Colleges and Universities: “Studies on varieties in the Japanese language” (JS20107400), No. 2 among the participants.
18. 2013 General Project of Jiangsu University Teaching Reform Fund (A): Teaching practice of the internationalized students based on “cooperation between enterprises and universities” –with particular reference to Japanese majors (2013JGYB013), project head.
19. 2011 Jiangsu University Teaching Reform and Research Fund: “Cultivation and practice of innovative Japanese majors based on the JPLT” (No. 2011JGYB129), project head, completed.
20. 2014 Philosophy and Social Sciences Fund of the Department of Education of Jiangsu Province: “Japanese culture as reflected in Sakyo Komatsu’s works”, No. 2014SJB804, project head, completed.
21. 2014 Philosophy and Social Sciences Fund of Jiangsu Institutions of Higher Learning: “Sinophiles in Japan’s Conservative Party and Normalization of Sino-Japanese Relations” (2014SJB807), No. 2 among the participants, in progress.
22. Jiangsu University Initiative Fund for Top Talents: “Ultra-leftist Sinophiles in Japan’s Conservative Party and Normalization of Sino-Japanese Relations”, in progress.
In March 2013, member of the Institute won the 5th Newcomer Award of Ishibashi Tanzan Memorial Foundation, becoming the first overseas student to have won such an award since it was initiated.
V. Related websites:
Japan Studies Center at Peking University http://web5.pku.edu.cn/cjps/index.html
Japan Studies Center at Fudan University http://www.jsc.fudan.edu.cn/
Academy of Japan Studies at Nankai University http://www.riyan.nankai.edu.cn/
Japan Studies Center at China Foreign Affairs University http://rbzx.cfau.edu.cn/
Japan Studies Institute at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences http://ijs.cass.cn/rbxk/
Japan Studies Institute at Xiamen University http://japan.xmu.edu.cn/
Japan Studies Institute at Northeast Normal University http://baike.baidu.com/view/2390857.htm?fr=aladdin