Name: Yao Qin Sex: Female
Ph.D., Associate Professor, MA Supervisor
Add: School of Foreign Languages, Jiangsu University, 301 Xuefu Road, Zhenjiang,
Jiangsu 212013, PRC
Foreign Language Teaching
1. Corpus Linguistics
2. Language and Culture
4. Contrastive Studies of Chinese and English
1. Yao, Qin (2014). “Translator Style: Transparent! A Visit to Hawkes’s Audiovisual Translation of Hongloumeng as Contrasted by Yang’s”, in Proceedings of The 2014 Asia-Pacific Humanities and Social Sciences Conference, Shanghai, China.
2. Yao, Qin (2014). “A Corpus-based Study of the Using Features of ‘definitely’ vs. ‘certainly’ in Chinese Students of English Major’s Argumentation Production”, in Proceedings of The 2014 Asia-Pacific Humanities and Social Sciences Conference, Shanghai, China.
3. Yao, Qin (2014). “A Parallel Corpus-based Study on Explicitation Translation of the Characters of Hongloumeng---A Case Study of Xue Bao-chai in David Hawkes’s Translation”, in Proceedings of The 11th National Congress and the International Symposium on Comparative Studies of English and Chinese and Translation Studies, Beijing, China, Tsinghua University.
4. Yao, Qin (2013). “A Parallel Corpus-based Study on Semantic Explicitation Features of Translated Hongloumeng---A Case Study of Lin Daiyu in David Hawkes’s Translation”, Foreign Language Teaching and Research. Vol. 45.3:453-463.
5. Yao, Qin (2010). “Contribution of Cooperative Principle to the Interpretation of Irony”. Journal of Language Teaching and Research. Vol. 1.6:852-858.
6. Yao, Qin (2010). “Cultural Awareness in Dealing with the Color ‘Red’ ---With Reference to the Translation of Hongloumeng”. Journal of Language Teaching and Research. Vol. 1.5:647-651.
7. Yao, Qin (2010). “Expressional Accuracy and Learner Autonomy in English into Chinese Four-character Pattern’s Translation”. Asian Social Science. Vol. 6.8:14-19.
8. Yao, Qin (2010). “On the Mistranslations of the Film ‘A Chinese Odyssey: a Pandora’s Box’”. Movie Literature. Vol. 518.17:127-130.
9. Yao, Qin (2010). “Understanding the Dialogues of Fictions against the Situational Context”. Masterpieces Review. Vol.344.12:74-77.
10. Yao, Qin (2010). “Exploring the Rhetoric Devices of ‘The Romance of the Three Kingdoms’ ”. Writer. Vol. 501:106-109.
Images of Three Protagonists in Hawkes’ Translation of Hong Lou Men---A Corpus-based Study on Explicitation. China Social Science Press, 2017.
1．The Study on Shi-ji ‘s Translations in the Century
2．The Cultivation of Students’ Cross-cultural Abilities in Context of Higher-Education Internationalization
3．The Study on University Students’ English Writing